Step by Step 1 — Download Revit Plugin
Revit must be closed prior to an install.
- Open https://ineight.com/ineight-veo-downloads/ in your web browser and navigate to the Downloads Menu.
- Select the plugin download link for Revit.
Step by Step 2 — Launch Model Exporter in Revit
- With Revit closed, download and install the Revit Plugin.
- Complete the Revit installation process as stated in Step by Step 1.
- Once installed, the VEO tab will appear on your authoring tool's navigation bar
Ensure you are viewing the 3D view that you want to export from Revit into InEight Model.
- The Model Exporter dialog box will open
The Model Exporter window provides access to settings and options for exporting model content from the authoring application into InEight Model. Any Revit models that have been linked into your current Revit project will appear in this window and will be exported as their own independent Model Stream. If you do not wish to include one or more of the models listed, simply un-check the box in the Export column.
If the model has been previously loaded, its location will appear instead of "Choose Location..."
- With the location defined, the export process can begin
- The Model Exporter dialog box will close and trigger the Model Stream dialog box
There are two options to save:
- Save Now will push the model to the cloud so that others on the project can see and utilize the model
- Save Later will not push the model to the cloud, but keep it locally on the computer until "Save Project" has been executed to share with the project team
If the model is not visible in the viewer, select the Home key on your keyboard (laptops - Fn+Home). This will bring the model center forward on your screen.
This process imports the model(s) into InEight Model with minimal metadata from the authoring system.
Basic Tags included in every export:
|Tag Category||Tag Value|
|Tag_PhysicalType||Window, Floor, Door, etc|
|Revit_Family_Type||<Family Instance names>|
|Revit_Function||<Walls and Floors>|
|Material Name - CAD||<face material names>|