Step by Step 1 — Download AutoCAD Plugin
- Open https://ineight.com/ineight-veo-downloads/ in your web browser and navigate to the Downloads Menu.
- Select the plugin download link for AutoCAD.
InEight Model must be closed prior to an install.
Step by Step 2 — Launch Model Exporter in AutoCAD
- With AutoCAD closed, download and install the AutoCAD Plugin.
- Complete the AutoCAD installation process as stated in Step by Step 1.
- From within AutoCAD, use the command VEOEXPORT to launch the Model Exporter application.
Ensure there is at least one model object within the AutoCAD model before launching the Exporter.
Export Active will launch the Model Exporter for the currently opened and active model
Export Batch will open a file explorer so multiple DWGs can be selected
The AutoCAD Plugin then collects all the metadata contained within the selected files. This can take a little time depending on the size and complexity of the chosen files
- The Model Export window opens
The Model Exporter window provides access to settings and options for exporting model content from AutoCAD into InEight Model.
From the Model Exporter window, select Choose Location... button withing the Location* column.
- The Choose Location window will open
If the model has been previously loaded, its location will appear instead of "Choose Location...*".
- With the location defined, the export process can begin
There are two options to save:
Save Now: Will push the model to the cloud so others on the project can see and utilize the model
- Save Later: Will not push the model to the cloud, but keep it locally on the computer until “Save Project” has been executed to share with the project team
If the model is not visible in the viewer, then select the Home key on your keyboard (laptops -> Fn+Home).
This process imported the model(s) into InEight Model with minimal metadata from the authoring system.
Basic Tags included in every export:
|Tag Category||Tag Value|
|Tag_PhysicalType||Window, Floor, Door, etc|
|Revit_Family_Type||<Family Instance names>|
|Revit_Function||<Walls and Floors>|
|Material Name - CAD||<face material names>|