Step by Step 1 — Download IFC Importer Plugin
AutoCAD must be closed prior to an install.
- Open https://ineight.com/ineight-veo-downloads/ in your web browser and navigate to the Downloads Menu.
- Select the plugin download link for IFC Importer.
Step by Step 2 — Import an IFC Model
- From withing InEight Model, with a project loaded, select File > Import > from IFC...
- The Import IFC window opens
- Select one or multiple IFC models.
- Select Open.
The Model Importer window provides access to settings and options for exporting model content from IFC model into InEight Model.
- The Model Importer window opens
- The Choose Location window will open
CTRL+A will select all models or CTRL+Left mouse click to select multiple models.
If the model has been previously loaded, its location will appear instead of "Choose Location...*".
- With the location defined, the export process can begin
- While the model(s) are exporting the Last Update column becomes a status bar and the Start button becomes a Stop button
There are two options to save:
Save Now: Will push the model to the cloud so others on the project can see and utilize the model
- Save Later: Will not push the model to the cloud, but keep it locally on the computer unitl “Save Project” has been executed to share with the project team
If the model is not visible in the viewer, then select the Home key on your keyboard (laptops -> Fn+Home).
This process imported the model(s) into InEight Model with minimal metadata from the authoring system.