Step by Step — Download IFC Importer Plugin
InEight Model must be closed prior to an install.
Step by Step — Import an IFC Model
- From within InEight Model, with a project loaded, select File > Import > from IFC...
- The Import IFC window opens.
- From the Import IFC to InEight dialog box, select the IFC model you want to import.
- You can select multiple IFC models to import.
- Click Open.
The Model Importer window provides access to settings and options for exporting model content from IFC model into InEight Model.
- The Model Importer window opens.
- The Choose Location window opens.
CTRL+A will select all models or CTRL+Left mouse click to select multiple models.
If the model has been previously loaded, its location will appear instead of "Choose Location...".
- With the location defined, the export process can begin.
- While the model(s) are exporting, the Last Update column becomes a status bar and the Start button becomes a Stop button.
The Model Importer window closes and triggers the Model Stream Info window.
There are two options to save:
- Save Now- pushes the model to the cloud so that others on the project can see and utilize the model.
- Save Later- does not push the model to the cloud, but keep it locally on the computer until Save Project has been executed to share with the project team.
- In the Model Stream Info window, select Save Now.
If the model is not visible in the viewer, select the Home key on your keyboard (laptops - Fn+Home). This will bring the model center forward on your screen.
Basic Tags included in every export:
|Tag Category||Tag Value|
|IFC Class||<IFC class name>|
|IFC Layer||<IFC layer name>|
|IFC Material||<IFC material name>|
|IFC Name||<IFC name name>|