Step by Step — Download Autodesk® Plugin
Revit must be closed prior to an install.
Step by Step — Launch Model Exporter in Revit
- With Revit closed, complete the Autodesk® installation process.
- Once installed, the InEight tab will appear on your authoring tool's navigation bar in the upper right.
Ensure you are viewing the 3D view that you want to export from Revit into InEight Model.
- The Model Exporter dialog box opens.
The Model Exporter window provides access to settings and options for exporting model content from the authoring application into InEight Model. Any Revit models that have been linked into your current Revit project will appear in this window and will be exported as their own independent Model Stream. If you do not wish to include one or more of the models listed, simply un-check the box in the Export column.
If the model has been previously loaded, its location will appear instead of "Choose Location..."
- With the location defined, the export process can begin.
- While the model(s) are exporting, the Last Update column becomes a status bar and the Start button becomes a Stop button.
- The Model Exporter window closes and triggers the Model Stream window.
There are two options to save:
- Save Now- pushes the model to the cloud so that others on the project can see and utilize the model.
- Save Later- does not push the model to the cloud, but keep it locally on the computer until Save Project has been executed to share with the project team.
If the model is not visible in the viewer, select the Home key on your keyboard (laptops - Fn+Home). This will bring the model center forward on your screen.
This process imports the model(s) into InEight Model with minimal metadata from the authoring system.
Basic Tags included in every export:
|Tag Category||Tag Value|
|Tag_PhysicalType||Window, Floor, Door, etc|
|Revit_Family_Type||<Family Instance names>|
|Revit_Function||<Walls and Floors>|
|Material Name - CAD||<face material names>|