Step by Step — Import an IFC Model
- From within InEight Model, with a project loaded, select File > Import > from IFC....
- The Import IFC window opens.
- From the Import IFC to InEight dialog box, select the IFC model you want to import.
- You can select multiple IFC models to import.
- Click Open.
The Model Importer window provides access to settings and options for exporting model content from IFC model into InEight Model.
The IFC plugin is included in the InEight Model installation. Go to Plugins for more information.
- The Model Importer window opens.
- The Choose Location window opens.
CTRL+A will select all models or CTRL+Left mouse click to select multiple models.
If the model has been previously loaded, its location will appear instead of "Choose Location...".
- With the location defined, the export process can begin.
- While the model(s) are exporting, the Last Update column becomes a status bar and the Start button becomes a Stop button.
The Model Importer window closes and triggers the Model Stream Info window.
There are two options to save:
- Save Now- pushes the model to the cloud so that others on the project can see and utilize the model.
- Save Later- does not push the model to the cloud, but keep it locally on the computer until Save Project has been executed to share with the project team.
- In the Model Stream Info window, select Save Now.
If the model is not visible in the viewer, select the Home key on your keyboard (laptops - Fn+Home). This will bring the model center forward on your screen.
Basic Tags included in every export:
|Tag Category||Tag Value|
|IFC Class||<IFC class name>|
|IFC Layer||<IFC layer name>|
|IFC Material||<IFC material name>|
|IFC Name||<IFC name name>|