Step by Step — Download Autodesk® Plugin
Ensure Navisworks is closed before installing the plugin.
- Open https://ineight.com/ineight-software-downloads in your web browser to go to the InEight Downloads page.
- Under InEight Model, select the Autodesk® Plugin Installer Download link.
Step by Step — Launch Model Exporter in Navisworks
- With Navisworks closed, complete the Autodesk® plugin installation process.
- Once installed, the Export add-ins tab appears on the authoring tool's navigation bar.
Only visible objects will be exported.
- The Model Exporter dialog box opens.
- The Choose Location window opens.
If the model has been previously loaded, its location will appear instead of "Choose location...".
A Navisworks .NWD file exports one model stream into InEight Model. A Navisworks .NWF file exports all referenced models as individual model streams into InEight Model.
- With the location defined, the export process can begin.
- In the Model Exporter dialog box, select Start.
- While the model(s) are exploring, the Last Update column becomes a status bar and the Start button becomes a Stop button.
- After the import has completed, select Close.
The Model Importer window closes and triggers the Model Stream Info window.
There are two options to save:
- Save Now- pushes the model to the cloud so that others on the project can see and utilize the model.
- Save Later- does not push the model to the cloud, but keep it locally on the computer until Save Project has been executed to share with the project team.
- In the Model Stream Info window, select Save Now.
If the model is not visible in the viewer, select the Home key on your keyboard (laptops - Fn+Home). This will bring the model center forward on your screen.